Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 38

Greetings from Pennsylvania


Got up quite early and flew out. It was a remarkably short flight. My parents met me at the McDonalds in the airport. My mother said I looked "almost normal." That's ok. I know I don't look normal. Approaching normal is fine by me. She also asked, "Why are you talking like that?!?!" Um, I guess it has something to do with my face being sawed apart. Or perhaps it's an unrelated coincidence. There's no way to know for sure.

When we got back, it was a whirl wind of events. First we... Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Yes, reader. I fell asleep on the couch. Perhaps for several hours. I keep thinking that I should have more energy because my surgery was a long time ago, but it's probably more related to my diet. Another spoonful of puree anyone?

May We Rifle Through Your Underwear?

That reminds me. I was worried the TSA might confiscate the "blades" of my Magic Bullet. So instead of bringing my blender attachment, I brought the grinder one. It still works on food, but looks less weapon-y. And if they took it, I wouldn't be too mad. Everything went through, though. No problem. That includes my very pointy tweezers for elastics and my metal-tipped syringe for teeth cleaning. All of these were in my carry-on.

Also, no double takes on my former-faced driver's license and my skull didn't set off the metal detector. All-in-all a successful airport experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment