Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 15 (Food!)



Does Your Face Hurt? 'Cuz It's Killing Me.

"Tom," you ask, "How long are you in make-up each morning for your role as the Grinch in the live-action sequel?" Oh, reader. Words hurt. Yes, I realize a small plane could land in the space between my upper lip and nose. What can I do? The swelling continues to subside daily.

Also, many people keep writing to tell me that it looks like I must be in a lot of pain. Well, I'm not. (Thanks, nerve damage!) Perhaps you're in pain when you look at me. But I assure you, I am in no pain. But I am a little hungry.

Real Food

I've found that jaw surgery recipe websites generally stink. Many of them say, "Just about anything can be blended!" Ok. Care to elaborate on that? Well, it's taken me some time to come up with what to blend into food: cream, milk, water, marinara sauce, sour cream, juice, etc. I had great meals today...
For lunch, I grilled up two fresh salmon fillets, then blended them with (a tiny bit of) water and mayo (pictured, left). I had to pull out two seared bits, but it was easy to eat and really good. I also made a sweet potato blended with a small dallop of sour cream. Delicious!
Lunch

For dinner, (clockwise from top) I had grilled scallops with garlic (blended with olive oil and the juice from the pan), spinach, broccoli-zucchini medley (baby food), and some Spanish rice (with extra water). Really tasty. The scallops were blended into very tiny pieces.

I even had pumpkin pie dessert. My favorite – vanilla ice cream, cinnamon, vanilla, Nilla wafers, and pumpkin pie filling. Yum. I'd say I got some good calories in today. 

I didn't mention breakfast, but I had two kinds of yogurt stirred together (one flavored mixed in with thick, plain whole fat). I also made a smoothie with a Vitamuffin, a banana, and milk.

Dinner
I feel like the Paula Dean of puree. "Hey y'all, put a stick of butter in there and it'll slide ride down your swollen mug. Eat up, y'all!"


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are "eating" well! Your humor makes me actually want to laugh today instead of punch everyone in their mouths. Hard to believe I'm envious of those with broken faces?1

    ReplyDelete