Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 19

Dude, Fix Your Face

Let's start with Vanilla Sky. In the film, there was a touching scene that I think captures the dignity and compassion of mankind. Go ahead and click. It's under 20 seconds. Plus, you'll need it for backstory. Thanks for your compliance, reader.

Tonight, Jeff and I went out to a local restaurant – Ironsides. I consider this a huge victory. I drank from a bottle – in the public eye! (I dribbled a little, but I was pretty cool about it. Well, as cool as you can be while dribbling.)

There were two guys across the bar. One was a really charming and eloquent guy who I overhead musing to his friend , "Yo, tomorrow is gonna suck balls, dude!" Anyway, he stared at me FOR A LONG TIME. Eventually, I just left. Later, Jeff told me that the two guys came right over and asked, "What's wrong with your buddy's face?!"

Oh, I'm sorry. If rugged good looks and somewhat slushy speech are wrong, I don't want to be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment