Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 46

You Almost Look Normal

Swelling continues to recede. My cheeks are still asymmetrical, you can even see it in my chin, which looks tipped to one side (like a rakish fedora).

Bumps, Tags, and Lumps

Oh reader, why do I subject us both to these things? I decided to get my little flashlight and "poke around in there." My sutures are gone so far as I can tell. I notice that I have a ridge in my cheeks – like an impression the perfect shape of my teeth. I also have this on the inside of my lower lip. It's like my less swollen face became flabby Play Doh. It's ugly. Add that to the list. Won't you, reader? Luckily, the bumps are mostly hidden.

The real drag is that I bite the inside of my cheeks when I eat and it HURTS. Like jump out of your seat hurts. Why couldn't that part of my face be numb? Oh well. I'm not going to complain about the side affects of less swelling. We're moving in the right direction. And we're moving... and we're moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment